As founding partner of Lunn Dentistry, Dr. Riley has been treating patients since 1969. While trained in general dentistry, his expertise is in evaluating and treating craniofacial pain and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) dysfunction. TMJ and muscle disorders, commonly called “TMD,” are a group of painful conditions that affect the jaw joint and the muscles controlling jaw movements. For many people, TMJ symptoms seem to start without obvious reason. If you are experiencing pain discomfort in your jaw muscles, please feel free to ask Dr. Riley if your craniofacial symptoms might be related to a joint or muscle disorder.
In addition to practicing dentistry and working to improve the lives of patients suffering from temporomandibular joint, Dr. Riley is founder of CRANIO: The Journal of Craniomandibular Practice. Since 1987, he has been involved in cutting edge research in dental medicine and, as publisher of this journal, has made a major contribution to the international dental world. Currently, Dr. Riley serves as editor in chief.
Dr. Riley is also an internationally known speaker, and he has lectured on treating TMD in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Doctor of Dental Surgery
Founder, Chattanooga TMJ Associates at Lunn Dentistry
Founding Partner, Lunn Dentistry
- Graduate; College of Dentistry, University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences
- 1999 Distinguished Service Award for Leadership and Commitment; UT College of Dentistry
- 2001 Distinguished Alumni; UT College of Dentistry
- Editor in Chief; CRANIO® The Journal of Craniomandibular & Sleep Practice
- Certified; Obstructive Sleep Airway, OSA University
- Fellow, American College of Dentists
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow, Tennessee Dental Association
- Member, American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Honorary Diplomate, American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Past President, American Equilibration Society
- Past Chairman of the Board of Trustees, University of Tennessee College of Dentistry
- Founding Editor: CRANIO: The Journal of Craniomandibular Practice, December 1982 to present
- Series Editor, “Imaging of the Temporomandibular Joint,” Cranio Clinics International, Williams & Wilkins, 1991, Vol. 1, No.1 (Westesson & Katzberg)
- Series Editor, “Intraoral Orthotics,” Cranio Clinics International, Williams & Wilkins, 1991, Vol.1, No. 2 (Bledsoe)
- “Standard Procedures for the Dentist in the Operating Room,” Journal of the Hawaiian State Dental Association, January 1968